The student will:
– Identify and create artwork based on the elements of art and on the principles of art.
– Demonstrate through their artwork how to use the elements of art to show movement and express feelings.
– Recognize, compare and use different media to create their artwork.
– Develop respect and appreciation for the artwork of artists, including classmates’ art.
– Recognize and compare differences in several art mediums.
– Create representational and abstract art.
– Learn to create proper shading and blending.
– Communicate thoughts, feelings, and experiences to others through art.
– Understand terms that are basic to art media, procedures, techniques, and art appreciation.
6th Grade students will develop an understanding of how generating ideas and planning can lead to expressive creations. Students will also have a better understanding of how color theory influences artists. Artists will communicate meaning through the visual arts.
How did Op Art change the Art world?
What is composition?
What are the elements and principles of design?
How can artists use the line and patterns to create kinetic art?